December: National Cat Lover's Month
Cats are great pets and are one of the most popular pets across the world. And as a way to celebrate December, National Cat Lover’s Month, we’ve included the top reasons why cats make such wonderful companions.
7 Reasons Why Cats Make Wonderful Companions
- Cats are low maintenance: Cats are low maintenance and don’t ask for much. They really only need food, water, and a comfortable place to sleep. For people who are constantly on the go and are busy but still want a pet, cats may be the perfect option for you. Most cats are even fine if you leave them alone for a few hours and will find ways to entertain themselves.
- Cats are quiet: For people living in areas where noise is an important factor, considering getting a cat. Cats are very quiet and apart from the occasional ‘meow’, will barely make a sound. Sometimes you may not even notice that they are there!
- Cats are easy to potty train: Cats are very easy to potty train; most kittens already know how to use the litter box. It is in their nature, cats that even stray cats know how to bury their feces. All you have to do is show your adorable kitty where the litter box is placed.
- Cats will keep pests at bay: Cats are natural predators, and even their mere presence is enough to keep rodents away. If a mouse or rat finds its way into the house, a cat will catch it in no time. Cats also make great bug killers too!
- Cats are great for your mental health: Having a cat around can do wonders for your mental health. For people suffering from stress, anxiety or depression, consider getting a furry friend that will cuddle you so hard that your stress and anxiety melt away!
- Cats love to cuddle: Cats are very sensitive and can understand when you are depressed and not feeling well. Regardless of their independent nature, cats love to cuddle, and their purr has many benefits for human health.
For Boarding and Grooming Services, Visit Pet Me Scratch Me
If you’re looking for a place to groom your cat so they can feel fresh, happy, and healthy, check out our grooming services at Pet Me Scratch Me in Onalaska, Lacrosse, and the surrounding areas. Contact us if you have any questions or wish to schedule an appointment